K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even some rare formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack always very up-to-date with the newest (and/or best) versions of the components. The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able install exactly those components that you really want. Uninstallation removes all files and registry entries created by the pack. It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation. It tries to avoid potential problems with existing codecs and even fixes some problems. The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and remove them for you. It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies. Suitable for both novice and expert users. The K-Lite Codec Pack works on Windows 2000/XP/2003/XP64/Vista.
K-Lite Codec Pack Full 4.6.2
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It it always very up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
* It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
* It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn?t contain any conflicting codecs.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* There are 3 packages available: Basic, Standard, and Full.
This Full Pack contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings
Note: Older versions of K-Lite Codec Pack Full which run on all operating systems can be downloaded here.
What’s New in version 4.6.2:
* Updated Media Player Classic Homecinema to version 1.2.991.0
* The internal DXVA decoders of MPC-HC are now enabled by default on Windows Vista/Seven
* The internal subtitle renderer of MPC-HC is now enabled by default on Windows Vista/Seven
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2676
* Removed option for using an experimental MT version of ffdshow. Only regular version is now included.
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 126.96.36.1991
* Removed On2 VP6 decoding filter. It could in rare occasions cause some compatibility isues. ffdshow is used instead for decoding VP6 video. That was already the default setting in previous version of the pack.
* Removed MainConcept MPEG-1 decoder
* Updated MusePack splitter/decoder
* Updated Monkey’s Audio decoder
* Changed default AC3 decoder from AC3Filter to ffdshow
* Updated Gabest MPEG splitter to version 1.2.988.0
* Updated x264VFW to revision 1093
* Removed some legacy VFW codecs: Indeo4, Indeo5, and I.263
* Removed some legacy ACM codecs: Fraunhofer MP3, Vorbis, and DivX audio
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.10
* Fixed problem where the DC-Bass Source filter could break playback of .mod video files that are created by certain digital video cameras. This only happened when the option for Tracker audio was enabled. Tracker audio files with extension .mod are now no longer supported.
* Minor changes
Size : 13,8 MB
Filed under: software |